Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Dreaming of Software!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I had a dream last night, a nightmare actually (!!) because I dreamt that someone in Japan developed the exact software I am developing here. I dreamt I saw the ad, with this young Japanese boy using it to learn English.

It had this clean, white interface with large fat selectable wordlists on the right, and a larger list (or was it text display) on the left. There was two screens, the other displaying something or other. Manga, as it were.

I also dreamt about this Google Blog system where you could map flights by this beautiful user interface. You click your departure city and then on a smaller region map (all nicely coloured) you click the area you want to go to, then on the larger display the city. The thing automatically connects with all the flight drawn as different lines with different modes of transport leaping from point to point, and the view moves out to accommodate both cities in the one screen, plus a little bit more. It was so smooth. If you wanted to change your destination all you did was click a new spot.

The view ended up zooming out and up to show the whole glorious earth spinning on screen, with the moon, and all the particles and matter both objects attract as they spin through space.

It was envisioned that this would be utilised when flights started to the moon, and beyond.

I didn't see this in my dream, but I presume that once you clicked ok, or something, the flights you selected you wanted to take or had taken (already flown flight paths were shown in orange, future flights in blue) would be inserted into your blog.

The clock displays were cool too, which showed you when flights were available, if at all. They were an analogue clock display on screen that showed the hands, but faded orange in over the face where flights were not available. It was easy to see (in the dream) what the available time frame was.

It's something along the lines of the user interface that I had in mind for some kind of global transportation system. It was really breathtaking.

Oh the unconscious mind.


0 Responses to “Dreaming of Software!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr