Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




About noodle timer


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



noodle timer v1_0.jpg

download noodle timer

Just a clock on, clock off thing really. I want to know what I'm working on day to day by context. Might be useful, might not! We'll see.

Some development notes:

I couldn't get Core Data to save, so I got desperate and made the app again. What I think I learnt firsthand from rebuilding the entire thing from scratch (it only took 3 minutes to do) was that you should always chuck out your prototype. (I read this somewhere: Joel on software I think). Never ship a product based on your prototype.

Having said that, this tiny thing is an automatically generated prototype (thanks Core Data) but it's a nice clean one.

Other things I learnt:
1. That the cocoa-dev mailing list is very helpful.
2. How to get the selected item in a table view.
3. How to update managedObjects in code.
4. That not every app needs a myController. I used the appdelegate for the two buttons that weren't auto generated.


0 Responses to “About noodle timer”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr