Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Words: Groups: Kinda working.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well, not working, but it is something at least.
MilestoneAggregatingGroupObjectsTogether_Phew.jpg
When I click the update button, the aggregation of the manual and smart lists go in the same table view. Now to actually get them managing word entities...

Here's today's thinking that led to this discovery....

What I might be mistakenly doing is creating a data entity for something that is actually a controller object. Am I storing something that in fact does not need to be stored? After all, it merely presents the aggregated values of two other entities, and this can be loaded when the program is run. The entity itself doesn't and shouldn't store anything to itself, it should only reflect what is stored elsewhere. Indeed, it is a controller object. So I shouldn't really have one in my data model at all.

TableView
NSObjectController GroupCoordinatorController
Enitity GroupCoordinator

I guess that is what I am making, a controller controller in a sense. So the cascading call is normal.

What a mess.

Had a walk at lunch time and decided this:

Anyway I've decided that the groups controller object need not be persisting anywhere at all. It's just an object to churn out an aggregated list of two different types of group objects so that a tableView can display them. It also keeps track of what is selected in the table view, and pops the selected group, whatever it is, into an ManagedObjectController object that is accessed by the word array controller for it's content set.

This is gold.

I actually did this yesterday, but it reflects what I'm doing:
ObjectStructreForGroups.jpg


0 Responses to “Words: Groups: Kinda working.”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr