Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




More Musings re Networked Features


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Possible inclusions into what a words attributes should be:
A generalised notes section.
Flag definition as inappropriate / incorrect.
Phonetics
Pronunciation sound byte
Terms (example usages)
Idiomacity
Misspellings, common misspellings and variant spellings
tags?? For categories??
Is submitted.

The system will have to be tested and run for a while to iron out the
bugs and discrepancies that are coded into the system.

After all, it is still meant to be a loose way of defining things.

I guess what I need to do is design this part of the system more
thoroughly from a user interface level.
I need to know what kind of data a user might want about a word.

But how many should I allow?? 5? 10? As many as there are? As many as
there are on the server side, but on the client side, they should
only see their own, and the most popular.

Anyway, I need to set up the stand alone system first, and the
networked version CAN come later.


0 Responses to “More Musings re Networked Features”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr