Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Nasty Bug, and Words 0.09


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Nasty bug, dance, dance dance!

I'm going to live with it for a bit longer. I've asked the community about it and am awaiting a reply.

Some other changes I've made in the process is to remove the +Smart List button from the main window, as I believe it will be something that the user will only do occasionally, and it is a task which takes longer to complete anyway and thus the added commitment to go to the menu is a small in comparison overhead to adding a smart group (the predicate editor will have to be set etc).

I've also recently decided on a new, secret direction for Words.

So I'm going to move on ignoring the fetching issue on the smart groups after they have been through the data store.

Hmm, the plot thickens! (I know I said I'd leave it aside) If I add a new smart list from the menu - it updates fine! Does it have something then to do with the way the predicate is being stored? It's not being stored so that it can be dynamic when it is fetched? Does it grow stale in the store? Might I work around this by saving it as a string instead and refreshing it when it's loaded?

One thing that's holding be back from developing and exporting dictionaries further is this feeling (assuredness) that the data model is going to change again, which will mean that I'll have to build all the dictionaries and languages again from scratch.

Perhaps the best bet is to simply build the languages and dictionaries to be custom to the testers who are using it.

Words now supports Jargon and Sweedish as languages, with basic dictionaries for those languages available when connected to the internet. These come via dict.org.

スエーデン語をサポートしました。日本語/スエーデン語に訳す辞書がありませんが、英語/スエーデン語はあります。どうぞお勉強を頑張り下さい。

Words 0.09


0 Responses to “Nasty Bug, and Words 0.09”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr