Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Revolutionary new Asset Downloader!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I need to bind something to all the words, so what about (yet
another) NSArrayController that always has in it all the words, and
knows about the changes within, so that it can do the stuff like
unpack the definitions for me, and update the UI as needed. Such an
object specifically designed for this purpose might be handy.

Rubbish all the above. All I needed to do was unpack it in the
WordMO. The distributed objects system did all the thread switching
for me!

Moving right along, I need to fix stardicts, because they're kind of
powerful and a major plus for users.

Because it's late, and because I want to, I'm going to work on my web
view downloader. Let's get dictionaries to the people, baby.

Yay! It's 2.40 AM, but I whittled away at it and I can now drag and
drop from a web view to download files. There's a really neat class
called NSURLDownload which is like fully threaded and sick man and
you can even have like progress meters and shit.

Ok bed time.


0 Responses to “Revolutionary new Asset Downloader!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr