Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Open Source Product Specification


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Again, while I was in Swell this morning, I had another idea for a website.

--

Why not start a wiki or search for one that exists called 'Utopican Gadget' or something, and get everyone geeky to participate by submitting their ideas to it for the features they'd like to see. From this veritable sea of things that people might want, someone could take the ideas and make something really great.

The website would have
categories of device
Size
Screen type
Uses
What are the main things you would want to do with your device.

It would be nice to have all the eggs in one basket really, with phone, computer pda, camera (?) maybe not camera, music player all intergrated but small enough to carry everywhere. I wouldn't like to take it to clubs and carry it around, just so I could take photos. I would still want a separate, dedicated camera, and so would mose photographers really, but they could use it then to save and view the images.

It would suppost parralel computing through wireless networks, so that larger computing power can be used when they are around more computers.

The website would be some kind of open source development at the product proposal or specification level, which, let's face it, any geek can do just by sriting down their day dreams.


0 Responses to “Open Source Product Specification”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr