Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Apple Human Interface Guidelines: Part I - Fundamentals


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've finished reading the first part.

Chapter 1.
Main things gleaned were the design process elements about target
audiences, prototyping and user testing to determine the User Model,
and then designing the application to fit this model.

Also the 80% rule for satisfying customer feature requests seemed
intelligent

Chapter 2.
This covered metaphors and various general UI design techniques (that
I have covered before at Uni), plus some extra ones like Explicit and
Implied actions, feedback and communication, forgiveness, modelessness.

This section can be used later as a general reference of purpose and
flow to what needs to be done in the design process.

Onto Part II...


0 Responses to “Apple Human Interface Guidelines: Part I - Fundamentals”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr