Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Getting on IRC #macdev and Getting Help! Thanks Tom :-)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Sleepy, I was almost about to pike and take a nap - but instead I attacked my todo list and joined some Mac IRC chats. Met Tom in there, another AUC WWDC guy from UNSW, who offered some help with the Core Data issues that mmalcolm had pointedly told me to 'get back to basics' with.

Posting the bundle op north to NSW, Tom told me that the app was so basic there shouldn't be any problems, and I agreed! It should have worked. Yet he couldn't work it out either!

Tom welcomed me to the wondrous world of XCode, and suggested that the .nib files might have been corrupted with some dodgey stuff I did earlier on, and that it might help if I remade the .nib. So I did, and it worked.

Faith restored in my skills, I went on with it. Happy to have discovered a new avenue to learn more Cocoa skills too. Here's what happened:
wordsMilestone.jpg

(Those strings are from Wikibooks)

The column on the left is a dummy, as is the selector which I would like to use to select the active language. UI issues aside, I'm happy that it works and I can add meaningful data. The next step is enabling it to add even more meaningful data, so that I can start using it to see if adding all the other bells and whistles to it will be worth it.

I've also subscribed to the Cocoa Studentdev mailing list too. And I've downloaded AppKiDo for documentation reference.

Anything else I need to include myself into?


0 Responses to “Getting on IRC #macdev and Getting Help! Thanks Tom :-)”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr