Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Network Reachability


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Words is now network aware, however it is not exactly as I would like it.

See, it would be ideal for it to check the reach-ability of individual servers, rather than just any old server. And as it stands, if one server is unavailable, all servers are made unavailable.

This has to do with bridging the gap between the C and Objective C. I have only worked out a way to make the callback function

<>

Thank-you Shawn!

Network Awareness, It's a bit of a hack, because, one click of define will connect the networkObject, then you would have click again to actually do the definitions if you actually were online. The current implementation is such that it assumes you are offline to begin with, which is not what I want I suppose... the one click should show if you are online or not, then act accordingly. Tried the use of sleep but didn't work. Otherwise it's working pretty well I think.

Memory is probably leaking too. Might try to use the Leopard Developer tools to solve that one.

Yeah so it's a bit of a hack really. But it will work for now methinks.

USe http://www.cocoadev.com/index.pl?ApplicationLinkingIssues when looking at sparkle


0 Responses to “Network Reachability”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr