Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Today's Web Words Developments


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's all terribly exciting
I've decided to add tagging to words.
I've got a nice table for putting data into, my goal now is to fill that table with meaningful data that can help the user learn vocabulary.
I've linked together a few pages and it seems to work nicely.

Think about what functionality you will need to make the app at least a little bit usable!? This is something I heard this morning as I walked to the gym listening to the Cocoa radio podcast. It follows the 37 signals philosophy. In fact the guy being interviewed is the author of the text editing software I am using develop Words. It's all interconnected really!

I also feel as though in web words, there isn't going to be a single file called 'words'. "Words" will be a collection of small scripts which work together in a neat system.

My next actions to make the app more useful is to parse the dictionary returned definitions so they aren't so large.

I also need to think about other dictionaries, and languages.


0 Responses to “Today's Web Words Developments”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr