Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




tummy.pl = Today's Script


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



ARGHGH! 

TODAYS LESSON learnt is to try scripts on the command line of the server as well, it will give you more helpful errors that will ever get in the browser (and duly so - we have to remember anyone in the world can potentially see those those error messages).

Turns out I had simply left an old use Net::dict file from another script I had pasted the code from, and this module isn't installed on the Monash server.

So I was gettin' all kinds of nasty errors. Should work now.

Ah it works a treat. 

Actually that's what todays itty bitty script is all about - cutting down on "treat's". It's just a log for what I'm eating throughout the day. 

I love being able to think of a little tool one afternoon after eating a big sausage roll, and then after an hour having a script implementing that idea. Small Idea, yes, but it's satisfying nonetheless. Getting it to work on the Monash Server was harder (as mentioned above!)


0 Responses to “tummy.pl = Today's Script”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr