Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Groups... Almost there... Promise!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Groups
The sets aren't persisting.... actually, they were! I just wasn't telling my code that a ManualGroup was a manualGroup, and the program was skipping right over the display update code.

Nice to use the debugger to fix this and then find some old word objects I thought I had lost forever attached to some old manual groups :)

Another bug to iron out.

2006-08-01 11:59:09.912 Groups[10213] Filling the word array with words from this manual group
2006-08-01 11:59:10.091 Groups[10213] Exception raised during posting of notification. Ignored. exception: Cannot perform operation without a managed object context

Who is calling this. WHAT doesn't have access to a moc?
Do we ever really know how what we've created works?

Anyway, it seems my update isn't working properly, But it looks as though objects are being added properly and managed in the right way. My MODEL is correct, but my methods for the VIEW is still struggling somewhat.

Hmm. I know.

WELL GET A MANAGED OBJECT CONTEXT!!!!!!
managedObjectContext connection

I've got word objects associating themselves to manual groups, and being managed by their selection.
They stay in the application from launch to launch (they persist) and all is well and dandy.

Moving right along.

It was ASKING for a managedObjectContext, so I gave it one, right within interface builder :D
Seems to update itself with each click now. Will it persist....? Hey hey hey!!! It all works.

All shiny and sparky...

Manuaaaaaal Groups!!!!

Manual Groups Working


0 Responses to “Groups... Almost there... Promise!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr