Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Grroooooooooups


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Languages will be set via the preferences menu, where the user can set the various settings for the language.

I need to be able to set the predicate to find WORDS that have their language relationship set to

language.name LIKE[c] "English"

language.name like[c] 'Japanese' AND word like[c] 'テスト*'

Will give me a nice smart list of all the words in my Japanese language that have テスト and anything after that (wildcard *).

I'm thinking that if I hard code the first part of the predicate into all smart groups then this would be better design.

So when a smart group is created, it is automatically bound to that language.

If all Language editing is done via the preferences menu, then we might have a model in which to implement this.

Ultimately, what we want to be able to do is simply tell a smart group via a predicate what to display, and have it do that. It's not going to do it automatically (the setting of it) but once it knows what it needs to display, then it's up to us to keep on displaying it without error.

I just committed to SVN probably the most stable version of the system yet.


0 Responses to “Grroooooooooups”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr