Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Groups: Smart Groups V1


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Now that I'm moving on to developing the smart group system, I have to think about how users are going to edit the predicates.
I have to first of all
a) learn about predicates myself
b) Implement it stupidly so that the user has to know something about them as well.
c) implement or insert some kind of prefabricated UI predicate editor which sets the smart list predicates depending on word data.

Let's start with the library.

When a language is created, a smart list called 'library' is also created.
A new word 'Welcome' is associated to the new language.
When the word array is updated by the groupController with the Library smart list selected, it will fetch all words and plop the resulting array into the word array.

Then we should be done.

Hard code the library predicate into the library object, and don't allow users to change it.

I used the smartgroup code from CoreRecipes and it built me first go a class which provides me with a nice accessor method - (NSSet *) words; which will do all the hard work and give me a set to put wherever I like for all the words that are in the smart group. I can also use a similar interface method to set the predicate too.

Might have screwed up something with my manual groups though... some objects aren't lasting! :-(

Anyway it's time for bed.


0 Responses to “Groups: Smart Groups V1”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr