Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Some old thinkin' notes


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This means looking back at the description of what I want to achieve,
and deciding which checks and balances I need to be able to make when
words are inserted and stuff.

I have the basic database system working, now it's time to write the
wrapper to that database.

What I'm essentially doing is writing my very own API! The words API.

Triggers will be called when the user tries to do something idiotic.
What kinds of things are idiotic in the context of Words?

Procedures can be wrappers to adding words and languages to databases.
They can be used to see about sorting a way

They could be used to write API style things. Like "Give me the data
for the game:GameName".
Or for retrieving commonly used sets of data.

They could be written to fetch the interesting statistical information.
They will do the incrementing and calculating of the completeness and
validation levels. They can do the propagation to the rest of the
database of changes.
They will be the interface for the client app to say "Give me
definitions for these words" A procedure will iterate though each
word passed to it and fetch out the words, and perform the updates it
needs to with any new data it finds in the submission.
Basically it has to be able to sync up words together.

I might need to draw a big detailed flow chart of what will happen as
things flow through, and what interactions need to happen to make the
data all sync up.

So what I need to finalise is what exactly I need to do with the data
in the database.

I need some pseudo code about what I need to do.


0 Responses to “Some old thinkin' notes ”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr