Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Object Gardening


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



As I read Aaron's book, I feel as though my inner visualisation of the Cocoa framworks as described by the myriad of classes, beautifully organised intelligently, in a stunning hierarchy, is developing into something that I will be able to use to create applications. Each new chapter brings new and useful ways of spawning objects from the frameworks.

As I garden the frameworks, I conceptually tie various objects together with messages. I can see them sending little notification objects to the notification centre. And then other objects owning others. Shuffling about at the direction of other objects in their own fantastic ecosystem that I'll call an application.

I'm also finally feeling better about the Objective-C syntax that I now realise I only stumbled though previously. I can look at the code and not see code, but my ecosystem of objects. The code is how I direct what happens.

I'm half way though the book now. I don't pertain that I could go and practically do every example tutorial I've followed all on my own, but I'm learning conceptually what's going on, so when I go to documentation or reference, I know what they're going on about.

So that's something.


0 Responses to “Object Gardening”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr