Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Cocoa Workshop Day 2


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Today we learnt about interface builder, actions, outlets, MCV. We had a go at creating a model object for managing Person objects from yesterday. We made a simple address book.

I also finally used SVN. So now I feel more confident with repositories and such, and mwill endeavour to use it in my own projects.

KTV notes
Quicktime kit with the attributed lyrics, with multiple language support.
It would require creating a custom view so that you can overlay the lyrics on the iSight video
[]Download SVNX

Actions are associated with methods, outlets with controls.

In terms of UML, the outlets are the attributes, and the actions are connected to the methods. Think of a class diagram.

Am becoming more confident with the debugger too which is great.
Also about the organisation and structure of the class heirarchies and how to learn more about them in the documentation.

Code completion! Wow!

Core data is good for quickly prototyping something, but there are versioning issues that Apple haven't addressed. Should probably prototype using it, then implement using more traditional methods next.

Access? Isn't that a curse word?

I'll try to add a link to the


0 Responses to “Cocoa Workshop Day 2”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr