Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Dictionary Import and Export via NSKeyedArchiver


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Sweet! Now I can export dictionary objects. It was fairly
straightforward.

Funny how when doing something for the first time in Cocoa you kind
of hold your breath, and loose confidence when things go wrong, but
then when it all comes through you feel more confident about doing
the same thing again elsewhere, and you also realise how simple it
all really is!

With this newfound knowledge I should be able to import and export
dictionaries at will from Words to Words, so that users can download
dictionaries of type 'wordsdict' willy nilly from my website, or be
emailed them from friends, or whatever, and then import them into
their dictionary managers.

I just thought of a nicer interface for managing dictionaries. What
about a column for selecting the languge onb the left, with the
number of available dictionaries in brackets on the right.
English (4)
Japanese (3)

Selecting them shows the current view. Shouldn't be hard to do.

Anyway before doing that it's time for an SVN commit.


0 Responses to “Dictionary Import and Export via NSKeyedArchiver”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr