Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Words 0.16


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I guess my problem is that I need to download higher resolution
images of the same image given only the URL. My interface downloads
images by having them dragged into a custom view which accepts URL
drops of thumbs, but then I want to actually download a higher res
image behind the scenes. Is there enough information in the URL alone
to parse another well formed search to the API perhaps? I think there
is - it will be a bit annoying, but doable.

Hey. Isn't it nice when things Just Work. Especially when you
engineered it yourself! I had been thinking all along that
implementing type-to-define search would be difficult, but it seems I
already had the building blocks for it already. All I've done is
create another method, mostly a copy paste of the usual defining
method, but removed the word loop, because I pass it an individual
word. My thread is taking care of getting the definitions from the
dictionaries back to my user interface.

Geez. even the defining spinner gave me feedback on what it was doing!

Having said all that, I haven't tested it fully, of course, but
still, I wasn't expecting to get even this far on the first run.

Words is finally getting to a stage where I could probably start to
use it.

So there that's version 0.16


0 Responses to “Words 0.16”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr