Mathieu Tozer's Dev Blog

Cocoa, the development of Words, and other software projects (including those dang assessment tasks).




Image Bug Squashed... in one line


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



What a hideous, hideous bug! It turns out that the nasty behaviour
that images weren't sticking around between launches (Why is it
loosing objects!!!!) was happening BECAUSE I WAS TELLING IT TO.

It was happening because of the old way the image system was
architectured, before I refactored. Every time the application quits,
images that aren't flagged to be 'kept' are promptly wiped.

And I had completely forgotten about this code and that it was running.

Now that it's commented out, let's see how it all goes.

Yup, sure enough, I comment out that cleanup method in
applicationShouldTerminate, and everything is dandy.

Not sure what the lesson is to take away from this... except that
maybe I'm silly. (Dumb is too strong :P)

I am starting to feel the weight of the application as it grows (and
groans). Perhaps this is one symptom of a growing application.


0 Responses to “Image Bug Squashed... in one line”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

  • my del.icio.us
  • my flickr